Things to do in Auckland
Are you planning for Auckland, the land of natural beauty and plentiful resources? Well, you must go through the list of places to visit of maybe exciting things to do. Check here for more flight details and go through the listicle we have recommended for you.
- Relax with the glamping getaways: You may look towards a relaxing weekend along with your family and friends. Set off to the Karioitahi beach and the Awhitu peninsula where you may enjoy glamping under the stars. Enjoy the epic sea views, luxury spas, gourmet meals and other beauty treatments. Indulge in the charm of archery, bird shooting, blokarting, and many more.
- Discovering art and culture: You may discover the Maori history and other traditions at the Auckland War Memorial Museum and also explore the world-class exhibitions at the same time.
- Sky jumps from the sky tower: If you are looking for an adventurous weekend, then try the skydiving activity from the Sky Tower, 192 metres above the ground level. Get your adrenaline gushing experience at Bridge climb or Bungy Jumping.
- Exploring the whale safari: Visit the Hauraki Gulf where you may spot marine animals like whale and dolphin and enjoy the stunning coastlines, wildlife sanctuaries, pristine beaches and also the active volcano.
- Star gaze at the Barrier Island: Step into the Great Barrier Island, covered in lush forest and the world’s first International Dark Sky Sanctuary. Double your excitement by hiking the Aotea track or visiting the rare wildlife at Glenfern sanctuary.
- Visit the farmer’s market: Matakana village is the abode to natural beauty and beautiful vineyard, picturesque beaches, arts scene and a superb farmer’s market that makes this region a divine destination. You may pick fresh and seasonal produce and also some exclusive delicacies by the river edge.
- Experience world class cuisine: Auckland is known for world famous cuisines and varied gastronomy. The cosmopolitan culture is an advantage, and you get the best experience from world class food to fresh seasonal produce. Visit several restaurants and indulge in the world class gastronomic experience.
- Visit the island of wine: Spend a weekend at the Waiheke Island, an ultimate retreat known for wineries and the vineyards. You may indulge in a wine tasting tour and view the spectacular beaches, islands on the other hand.
- Kayak at Rangitoto Island: Have a thrilling experience at the Rangitoto Island watching the sunset and enjoying iconic Barbeque amongst the dormant volcano situated at the coastal side. You may take a short ferry downwards from Auckland and walk up to the summit for some spectacular views.
- Visit the rugged beaches: While you are in Auckland, you are never too far from the sea beaches. Drive for lesser than an hour and find yourself in the rugged beaches and watch the Tasman Sea meet the vast stretches of black sand. If you visit the Muriwari beach you may have the magnificent views of the clifftops, gannet colonies and also enjoy the popular beach surf. The backdrop is famous as it was seen in the film’ The Piano’.